Wednesday 10 September 2014

NEW LOVE // Culottes into Autumn

I NEVER thought I would stray away from the beloved skinny jean, but over the past year or so I have been adorning some new fabrics on my pins....and frankly, I am loving the FREEDOM!

Obviously the boyfriend jean has returned in full force, along with the more tailoring trouser look, however I think my favorite is the (albeit wierd looking) culotte.....

Here is a few tips I've tried to help ease myself into the 'marmite' trend:


For a smart look, I love the combination of fabrics and colors with simple lines to create sophistication.

TIP: Start off with a monochrome palette and add a swap in a slightly different warmer tone so its not too colorful and OTT



You could go a bit more daring with a leather pair, teamed up with nude accessories and plain black T for a slightly warmer day. 

TIP: Add a big chunky knit on top for warmth (especially in the UK!)



Ankle boots look great with culottes for a simple Autumn day look teamed up with a boyfriend coat.

TIP: Try an ankle boot with a some comfortable height to elongate your legs and prevent 'stubbiness' 



For casual cool, pair them with slip on trainers. Perfect for a quick shopping trip!

TIP: I feel ANY trainer looks great! If you aren't a fan of the slip on look, try Adidas Originals or New Balances. But keep the palette simple as to not over-complicate the look.

Get the most wear out of your pair before the arctic winter of the UK kicks in!

So what do you guys think? Are you converted?! 
Let me know how you would wear your pair in the comments below:) remember to put your URL in so I can have a gander through your blog!

Until next time!

Emma xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment