Friday 8 June 2012

The Artist - Mark Bridges

Okay...so this is not a usual blogging subject but I feel that it needs to be addressed!
I recently saw 'The Artist' which if those of you who have been living on a different planet, is the first silent film to have done so well since Schindlers List, having won five Academy Awards, seven BAFTAS, three Golden Globes, i could go on!!!

The film is based around Hollywood in the 1920s and 30s and follows a silent movie actor who struggles to cope with the rise of  'talkies', movies with speech.
Honestly, I was abit weary at first thinking that I would get restless and the film would get slightly monotone but I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. The story is so heart warming and one of the things that really caught my eye was the way the actors were styled (being a fashion student!).
I researched it and the costume designer was Mark Bridges who is also known for working on films such as Blow and The Fighter.

With film being black and white, it looks as if Mark Bridges really tried to focus on texture to make the clothes look glamorous and interesting.
 My favorite look would be with the hats!
GO SEE IT NOWWWWW!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment